Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mozzarella Panini Sandwiches

Here is my favorite version of the mozzarella, tomato, and basil panini






1 loaf ciabatta bread, or any other kind you like
4 T. or more of my pesto recipe
fresh mozzarella, sliced (they sell a pre-sliced log at Trader Joe's--BRILLIANT)
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
12 basil leaves, rinsed
2 T. butter

Slice ciabatta into quarters.  Then slice each quarter horizontally through the center to make 4 sandwiches.  On the bottom slice of bread of each sandwich, spread about a tablespoon of pesto (or more).  Layer on 2-3 slices of mozzarella on each.  Top with 3-4 slices of tomato.  Add 3 large basil leaves on each.  Top with 1-2 more slices of mozzarella.  (Putting the mozzarella on the top and bottom helps everything stay together once the cheese melts.)  Place the top piece of bread on and spread with 1/2 T. butter.  I don't have a panini maker, so I use my George Forman (which I love).  The George Forman makes the beautiful lines on the panini.


You'll LOVE these!

No comments:

Post a Comment