Friday, September 2, 2011

Ashley Lisonbee's Chilled Gazpacho




Our week has been thrown off a little.  Tonight we ate the fajitas because we had pizza last night with Lover Boy's family.  We'll probably have the gazpacho on Sunday for "Souper Sunday," but I'll still post the recipe tonight.
My friend Ashley gave me this delicious recipe.  It is fresh, healthy, and cool for a hot summer day.  When I had a vegetable garden, I used my fresh veggies from the garden.
Lover Boy requests this meal a lot.  



3-4 large tomatoes
1 cucumber
1 red bell pepper
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 c. olive oil
1 t. salt
1/2 t. cumin
dash red pepper

Chop up all ingredients and combine in blender; chill.  Serve with avocado and homemade whole wheat tortillas, garlic Naan, or Trader Joe's croutons.  It also tastes great warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment