Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vegetable Crepes with Cheese Sauce

I created this recipe because I love crepes.  
The sauce comes from my Aunt for another recipe.


Don't crowd the mushrooms :)
I sauteed these in a little olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper 

My beloved crepe maker.  The crepes just fall off onto a plate. 

Lover Boy's crepes with cheese, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, and chicken 



Basic Crepe Batter

In a blender, liquefy
4 large eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt

Let rest 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce and fillings.


Cheese Sauce

1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. salt
dash pepper

Melt butter with flour to make a paste.  Slowly add milk.  Add cheese and spices and heat until thickened.


Fillings


-shredded jack cheese
-steamed broccoli
-steamed asparagus
-sauteed mushrooms
-cooked chicken (for husband and kids)
-anything else that sounds good


Make crepes.  (I use my crepe maker.  We had one growing up that my mom would always use.  I helped make the crepes as I got older.  We got the one we have now as a wedding gift--they're the best!) Lay on fillings, roll up, and drizzle with cheese sauce.

***We make dessert crepes with the extra batter***
-strawberries
-sliced bananas
-any other berries
-whipped cream
-cinnamon and sugar
-Nutella
-jam
-ice cream
-chocolate sauce
-caramel
-coconut
-nuts
-THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment