Monday, October 17, 2011

Sticky Finger Cobb Salad

For my recipe, I make two large salads for Lover Boy and I.  
Then I make extra chicken-less nuggets for the kids.



1/2 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and shredded
chicken-less nuggets from Trader Joe's (or real chicken if you like)
sticky finger sauce (recipe below)
2 hard-boiled eggs (I make them myself, but if you're short on time, they sell them already cooked at TJs)
handful blue cheese crumbles (for Lover Boy...I don't like blue cheese)
3 slices bacon, cooked (for Lover Boy)
1 avocado, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
1 handful of dried cranberries for each salad
freshly cracked pepper
blue cheese or ranch salad dressing


Sticky Finger Sauce:
When we lived in Utah, we LOVED Winger's.  Such a great restaurant.  Well, we used to buy their wing sauce at Smith's, but I just finished our last bottle a couple months ago.  I found a copy-cat recipe online that comes pretty close, and it's really easy.

1/3 c. Frank's Hot Sauce
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T. water

Combine ingredients in a saucepan and heat until brown sugar is melted.



Dip the uncooked chicken-less nuggets in sticky finger sauce and cook in oven according to package.  Meanwhile, prepare salad in individual bowls.  On top of the iceberg lettuce-- group eggs, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, craisins, and chicken-less nuggets.  Drizzle with salad dressing and extra sticky finger sauce.  Add cracked pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment