Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 1, Day 5

for breakfast


snack

Quinoa Salad
for lunch

This week does not call for quinoa; however, I am adding it in today to get some extra substance.
I had a salad similar to this a couple days ago at Whole Foods, but I altered it a little and made my own version at home...which I think is actually better than theirs.  So here we go...

Jaryn's Tricolor Quinoa Salad
1 1/2 c. tricolor quinoa (I got a bag from Trader Joe's)
3 c. water
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 avocado, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 c. slivered almonds
1/4 c. cilantro, rinsed and chopped fine
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut chips (or shredded coconut)
3 T. thinly sliced red onion
2 splashes balsamic vinegar
1 lime

Cook quinoa and water according to package (I do it in a rice cooker).  Meanwhile, prepare remaining ingredients.  Toss cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Squeeze over with lime juice.  This is SO amazing!  Enjoy my new recipe.



for dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment