Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 1, Day 7

Today I enjoyed leftover gazpacho for lunch.

For dinner, I made roasted vegetables and brown rice for me and Lover Boy.
The kids enjoyed brown rice, roasted carrots, and Cheez-It Chicken.  
Cheez-It Chicken is something that my mom used to make all the time when we were little.  Our kids LOVE it!


When I make roasted vegetables, I chop up my vegetables evenly in size and toss them on a baking sheet with olive oil, coarse salt, and cracked pepper.
Tonight we had:

-sweet potatoes
-carrots
-onions (my favorite when they are roasted)
-zucchini
-asparagus

I cooked the sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then added the zucchini and asparagus to the pan and cooked them for another 10 minutes.  The zucchini and asparagus are softer, so they don't need as much cooking time.




My Mom's Cheez-It Chicken


I am not going to use measurements because this recipe depends on how many chicken tenders each person in your family will eat.  Biggest ate 2 tonight, Bigger ate 1, and Big ate 1/2 of one.  I dip each chicken tender in sour cream and then in Cheez-It crumbs.  Then I lay them in a greased baking dish and drizzle with a little melted butter.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.

A good tip: Crush or process a box of Cheez-Its to get crumbs.  Save remaining crumbs in an airtight bag in the freezer for the next time you want to make Cheez-It Chicken!



No comments:

Post a Comment