Monday, January 23, 2012

Cleanse 2012

Hello everyone!  
It has been three months since Tiny was born.  I have had more than enough time off.  
My sister Jessica told me about a Martha Stewart cleanse and I am starting it today.  
I may alter it a little to make sure I have enough milk for Tiny.

The cleanse is found HERE

Today I have eaten:

-1/2 grapefruit

-handful of almonds
-orange berry smoothie 

-dried fruit and nut bites 




And I am making this for dinner:
-Butternut Squash and Apple Soup

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 inch fresh ginger, grated (2 tablespoons)
  • 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
  • 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
  • Dash ground cloves
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tart apple, peeled, quartered, and chopped
  • 4 cups chopped butternut squash
  • Coarse salt and pepper

Directions

  1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, apple, squash, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover partially and reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
  3. Working in batches, puree until smooth in a blender. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment